16 bit News of the Past - to 32 Bit News of the Past.
(Q) I was using the 16 bit News of the Past program. Now that I installed the 32 bit News of the Past program, how do I open my clients names and my saved designs?
(A) You can import names and designs by following these steps:
1. Start News of the Past by clicking on Start (lower left corner of the window) move your mouse pointer to programs, in the programs fly out, move the mouse pointer to the News of the Past folder, and in the News of the Past folder click on the Visual News of the Past icon, it looks like an orange fox.
2. In the main window, click on Edit along the top menu bar.
3. Place your mouse pointer on Utilities, and click on Insert News of the Past Data
4. In the instruction window, click the OK button.
5. In the open window, click the down arrow to the right of the field titled "Look In".
6. In the pull down menu, click on the drive where your News of the Past program is installed
(example drive C:).
7. In the explorer window, locate the News of the Past folder (example: winnews) and double-click that folder.
8. In the News of the Past folder, double-click on the folder titled DBFS.
9. In the DBFS folder, click on the file titled Cust.dbf, and click the OK button.
10. In the instruction window, click OK.
11. In next window titled "Final 2 Step" click the OK button.
12. In the next window titled "Select Directory" click the Cancel button.
Note: If you proceed to locate and click the RPTS folder, you will be importing print templates and saved print template designs from an earlier version of News of the Past and this is Not Recommended. You newer version of News of the Past includes an information category titled Dow Jones, and this category is not included in program templates.
The names you imported will appear in the Name List after you do a search using the search function.